- Where is the landfill?
- What do I need to use the Landfill?
- How does the Landfill Keyfob work?
- How do I pay to dispose of waste at Kyletalesha Landfill?
- What is the minimum amount to place on keyfob?
- What happens if I lose my keyfob?
- What are the Opening hours of landfill?
- What is the cost per tonne for domestic waste?
- What can be recycled in the Landfill?
1) Where is the landfill?
Kyletalesha landfill is located on the Portlaoise – Mountmellick road, approximately 5kms outside of Portlaoise town.
2) What do I need to use the Landfill?
To use the Landfill you need to use a Laois County Council Keyfob.
3) How does the Landfill Keyfob work?
The keyfob credit system works similar to a mobile phone top up system. You can top up your keyfob in a number of ways (but you will not need your 2 forms of ID to top up your keyfob account):
1) At the Cash Office, Áras an Chontae – Telephone 057 8674308(opening hours Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
2) use the options under the Let Us Help menu
3) By using your credit card at Kyletalesha Landfill
Landfill Keyfob Online Payment System – Extended Availability
As previously notified, due to software end-of-life and increased security requirements for our online payments, the online payment facility for landfill Keyfob holders will require a system update. Laois County Council is now able to extend the original system cut-off of 9th October, 2017 until further notice. In the meantime, please continue to top up keyfobs online and we will provide advance notice of any system downtime that may be required.
4) How do I pay to dispose of waste at Kyletalesha Landfill?
To dispose of waste at Kyletalesha Landfill you will have to use a Laois County Council Keyfob. To purchase a keyfob at our Cash Office located in Áras an Chontae (County Hall in Portlaoise), you need 2 forms of identification (a utility bill and a photo id). Every time you visit the landfill, a minimum charge applies. Full details on charges and opening hours can be reviewed here: Landfill
5) What is the minimum amount to place on keyfob?
The minimum credit purchase that can be made is €15.
6) What happens if I lose my keyfob?
If you lose your keyfob, a replacement keyfob will cost €20
7) What are the Opening hours of landfill?
Details of the opening hours and relevant charges are availble here: Landfill
8) What is the cost per tonne for domestic waste?
Charges apply for disposing of waste at Kyletalesha Landfill. These charges can be reviewed/amended. Current charges can be found here: Landfill
9) What can be recycled in the Landfill?
Many products can be recycled at Portlaoise Recycling Centre, there is an entry fee for the facility and bulkier materials may incur an additional charge. More info at: Portlaoise Recycling Centre