The Tourism Section provide the following supports and services:
- Administration of Tourism Grants Scheme
- Publication and distribution of the Laois Visitor guide
- Provide administrative and technical support to Festival Organisers and Public Events
- Work with the Laois International Golf Challenge Committee to assist with hosting an Annual International Golf Challenge
- Work with the Gordon Bennett Classic Car Committee to assist with the Annual Gordon Bennett Classic Car Run Festival Weekend
- Promote the Laois Garden Trail www.laoisgardens.ie
- Promote the Laois Heritage Trail
Emo Lake, Co. Laois
Welcome to the picturesque County of Laois located in the heart of the Midlands. Often overlooked as a tourist destination but the county’s compact size makes it ripe for exploration. With so much to offer including a range of activities to its visitors from excellent golf courses to horse riding and fishing. Laois is also blessed with two fine rivers, the River Nore and the River Barrow both providing excellent angling. Hill walking and cycling are two other favourite pastimes, not to mention the glorious Slieve Bloom Mountains.The Laois Garden trail will showcase our beautiful gardens and the Laois Heritage Trail will guide you through the historic monuments and fine heritage of Co. Laois.
Laois County Council recognises the contribution that tourism makes to the lives of the people of the county and the economic benefits in terms of increased activity and visitor numbers. It supports the work of Laois Tourism a voluntary organisation who alongside the County Council work to promote the county as a festival and events destination and a vibrant county to visit and explore.
Laois County Council also works closely with Fáilte Ireland to promote Laois and the Irelands Ancient East Initiative.