This movie visually animates the analysis and suggested vision for Portlaoise till 2040 and beyond by a team of consultants for Laois County Council developed in consultation with the people of Portlaoise. It was created for Laois County Council by RealSim.
A Vision for Portlaoise – A Strategy for a Better Town Centre has been prepared by the Commissioned Consultants GVA et al which provides a proposed strategy, interventions, and policies including the following:
- A ‘Shared Vision’ for Portlaoise Town Centre public spaces, parks, landscaping, walkways, traffic, transport, parking etc.
- Key design interventions for urban spaces designated for enhancement,
- Pedestrian priority linkages between the old and new areas of Town Centre and
- A 3D model of Portlaoise Town Centre showing the existing town, the proposed interventions and the exposure and showcasing of the heritage assets.
- Proposed policies and objectives and design manual.
Download the final strategy below.
Laois County Council would like to thank all those who came to the Public Stakeholder Workshops held in August, October 2016 and in April 2017 at the Heritage Hotel. These workshops / information evenings provided the project team with invaluable information and feedback which has shaped the preparation of the Portlaoise Town Centre Public Realm Strategy / Vision Statement.