Laois County Council are inviting applications from established Community Groups under Measure 3 – Targeted Community Infrastructure Needs.
Closing date 4 pm on Friday 21st April 2017
This aim of this measure is to provide support for small to medium sized Community based capital/infrastructure projects that don’t qualify for other existing schemes. All applications must demonstrate that the project is not eligible for assistance under other existing schemes, show clear evidence of need, and benefit to the community.
Applications will be accepted from established Community Groups via the Local Authorities. Projects will be selected on the basis of:
- confirmation and evidence that the proposal is not eligible for funding under any other publicly-funded schemes, having regard to the criteria for those schemes.
- evidence that all necessary permissions are in place, where appropriate
- evidence, where applicable, that ownership/lease is in place
- full estimated costings
- evidence that match funding is in place
- clear evidence of need and benefit to the community, and
- relevance to the LECP/other plan.
- Community Group must be registered with Laois PPN.
- The Community Group making the application must operate in a CLÁR area as per attached map.
The applications selected for submission to the Department should be approved by the LCDC to ensure that there are no conflicts with the LECP/other local plans and other programmes e.g. SICAP, those run by the LEO’s etc.
A minimum grant of €5,000 and a maximum grant of €50,000 for projects are available.
Please contact Pamela Tynan, Laois PPN on 057 8665661 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.