Laois Water Safety
Laois Water Safety is a voluntary body established to promote water safety in County Laois. We educate people in water safety best practices, develop public awareness campaigns to promote necessary attitudes, rescue skills and behaviour to prevent drownings and water related accidents. Laois Water Safety aims to:
- Teach swimming and lifesaving courses to children and adults. Recipients build skills in swimming, water confidence, safety, survival, rescue skills and resuscitation. Participants can progress to qualify as Pool and Beach Lifeguards.
- Conduct lectures and demonstrations to members of the Public and other interested parties.
- To promote a program in which National School teachers are coached in teaching water safety principles to their pupils.
- Distribute literature to promote water safety and target at-risk groups. Popular posters include safe boating, safe swimming, and lifejacket posters.
- Issue advice on all aspects of water safety. Press Releases are available all year round, which target the seasonal hazards on Irish waterways.
- Provide information on the locations of Lifeguarded beaches in Ireland.
For a complete list of Water Safety links and contacts go to :
Irish Water Safety
Laois Marlins Swimming Club based in Portlaoise Leisure Centre