Sign licences are required to erect directional signs advertising shops etc. An application in writing ia made to the Planning Office for permission to erect these signs. The following documentation should be included:
- site location map indicating the precise locations of where these signs are to be erected
- size of sign to be erected
- colour and size of lettering on the sign
A fee is payable on receipt of the licence being issued. Annual fee is €630.00.
A scaffolding licence is required to erect scaffolding when works are being done to buildings on a street. An application in writing is made to the Planning Office for permission to erect scaffolding. The following documentation should be included:
- site location map indicating the precise location of where this scaffolding is to be erected
- dates such scaffolding is to be erected from and to
- type of scaffolding to be erected
A fee of €125.00 per month is payable on receipt of scaffolding licence.
Pavement Cafés (guidelines and procedures)
Planning & Development Regulations 2001-2016
Schedule 12 – Licence Fees under Section 254 of the Act in respect if specified appliances apparatus and structures
(h) Tables and chairs outside a hotel, restaurant, public house or other establishment where food is sold for consumption on the premises – €125 per table.
Part 17 – Article 202
- (i) Where the licence is for a period of one year the fee shall be €125 per table
(ii) Where the licence is for a period more than one year the fee shall be equal to the fee for one year for each year or part of the year for which the licence is granted.
(iii) Where the licence is for a period of less than one year the fee shall be calculated on the basis of one tenth of the yearly fee per month.
A letter of application, to be accompanied by a site location map indicating the location of the premises, and stating the period for which the licence is required must be submitted to the Planning Authority.