The Midlands Energy Agency (MEA) was established to assist the four Midland local authorities of Laois, Offaly, Westmeath and Longford to manage and reduce their energy consumption in accordance with national targets.
The aim of the MEA is to embed energy management into every section of the Midlands local authorities and to achieve ongoing and sustained reductions in the amount of energy used to deliver local authority services. Our goal is to empower each Midlands local authority to achieve 33% saving in energy use by 2020 (target set for public sector by National Climate Change Strategy 2007-2012).
“The public sector will improve its energy efficiency by 33% and will be seen to lead by example – showing all sectors what is possible through strong, committed action” – National Energy Efficiency Action Plan
To read more about energy management at home, in business or in the Public Sector, please click on the image below
Find out how you can be more energy efficient
There are many small changes that we can all do to become more energy efficient.
- Switch off lights when not in use.
- Choose more energy efficent temperature when washing your clothes (switch from 40 to 30 degrees).
- Only fill the kettle with the amount of water needed, but make sure the element is covered with water.
- Choose energy efficient light bulbs and other products – they will offer great savings over their lifetime
- Choose energy efficient products that have an A or AA rating (the rating varies from A to G where A represents the most energy efficient rating).