The following grants are available from the Environment Section:
The Community Grants Scheme provides grant aid to Residents Associations, Community Groups and other groups/committees who are engaged in community amenity works in their own area. Each year applications are invited for amenity projects such as landscaping, purchase of equipment i.e. strimmers, lawnmowers etc. and the maximum grant available is determined by the number of complete and valid applications received.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Groups/committees/organisations must be formally constituted i.e. hold an A.G.M. or regular meetings.
- Copy of minutes of recent committee meeting to be submitted with application.
- An up to date quotation for goods/services to be submitted with application.
- Be Revenue complaint and provide TRN / Revenue Number for your group / committee, this must be applied for through from Revenue. Registrations Section, East & South East Central Registrations, Revenue Commissioners, Plaza Complex, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Any queries should be directed to 1890 24 04 24.
- New Committees or those who have changed their details must also request a supplier set up form from the Environment Section or download online to complete bank payment details.
- On completion of the project, invoices, receipts and before and after photographs must be submitted.
All works must comply with relevant legislation and all local authority requirements. For clarification, applicants should seek advice from relevant sections within Laois County Council. It is recommended that applicants arrange adequate and suitable insurance cover and provide for maintenance and upkeep after the works have been completed.
The Grant Scheme is now closed for 2017 and funds allocated to successful Groups.
Tidy Town Grants are available to all Tidy Town Groups for projects which will benefit the community.
Criteria and eligibility:
- A committee must be formally constituted.
- A committee must be a paid up member of the Laois Federation of Tidy Towns.
- Be open to new members and outline efforts made to attract new members each year.
Closing date and full particulars of the scheme are advertised on an annual basis.